My latest project has been repairing a quilt that my grandma Ruth made for my cousin Garrett, years ago. (She has been gone since 1982). It is a large denim quilt with polyester print appliques in each square. A lot of the denim she used was old and some was stretch and many of the blocks were disintegrating so a few years ago (too many) I told Garrett I would take it home and repair it. I started all gung ho and tore the blocks out that needed work. Got some polyester scraps from my Dad's wife and was ready to go. Then it sat in my sewing room closet for the next several years. Last year Garrett asked my about it and so I knew I needed to get it done. This fall, I made over 40 new blocks for it, some used the original applique she used and some I had to make up on my own. Here are some picture of the progress.
My granddaughter on the quilt with several of the block removed. Sorry about the blurry pic.
Close up of some of the blocks that I redid (before).
My favorite block she made was the LOVE block. She sewed love into every stitch.